Friday, April 25, 2008

eBay Rox!

Yep. That's right. You know it. Thursday I listed TrumpK09's 8525 cellular device on eBay. I started the auction at $30.99 and set it to end in 10 days. I was hoping that people would begin bidding on the phone some time next week. So thinking that I wouldn't be bothered again with the phone until next week, I went to work that evening care-free. When I got home that night, I saw someone had sent me a message on eBay. At first, I thought it just eBay spam, but that was not the half of it. The product had only been listed for one hour, when someone had given an offer I couldn't refuse. This guy offered to buy the phone right out for $350 and he'd throw in an extra $100 to ship it. How wide would your smile have been? :)
Today, TrumpK09 and I went on a mad rat race around town, darting from school, to home , to our first time at the post office. We wanted to ship the phone ASAP. We could not receive the money until we gave a confirmed tracking number. Long story short, about 5 minutes ago, I sent off an email with all the information. $450 in a day and a half. That's a third of what I've made in total working at the restaurant since January.
Ahh, new ideas are flushing in.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Congratulations fellas!!!! :D :D (Though you still won't beat me) 8)

Anonymous said...

That day really was kind wild. I never would've thought we would get a bid that high so quickly! I can't tell you how nice it felt when we finally shipped of that phone.

MyInternetBusiness | Success4uTeam Headline Animator